Interim Assistant Accountant - Newquay - Circa: £32,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a very fast-growing specialist manufacturing business based close to Newquay, which urgently seeks to recruit an Assistant Accountant to assist them on an interim basis during a particularly busy period. The contract is immediately vacant and likely to run until the end of March 2024. The role is full time and to be based at the company trading headquarters.
This is an interesting and broad role that will require the successful candidate to take operational ownership of the accounts payable function as well as assist in the production of management accounts/reports. Working as part of an experienced and friendly finance team the role reports into an experienced Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Line management of the Purchase Ledger system, ensuring that supplier invoices are correctly coded, inputted and matched
- Oversee regular supplier payment runs
- Control of expense claims systems
- Monitoring of the aged debtor
- Contribute to monthly management accounts by identifying transactions for prepayments and accruals
- Act as a key point of contact for supplier queries and resolution
- Accounts Payable reporting
- Work with finance colleagues with ongoing accounting projects
This is a role that requires strong analytical skills and would be well suited to a candidate who possesses recent experience of management accounts prep. Candidates will ideally be fully AAT qualified and have excellent all-round IT aptitude, particularly using MS accounting products. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and across the UK so excellent team-working and communication skills are a must.
For further details please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9713 ASAP.