Interim Assistant Accountant - Okehampton - Circa: £32,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a very fast-growing specialist manufacturing business based close to Okehampton. The company has multiple income streams made up of a UK wide partner network and its own e-commerce arm, both of which have generated a sizeable increase in sales. The business now seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them for a 12-month FTC covering a period of maternity leave.
This is an interesting and broad role that will require the successful candidate to assist with the production of management accounts/reports. Working as part of a strong and successful finance team the role reports into an experienced Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Responsible for preparation and timely issue of weekly sales data, KPI packs & associated metrics
- Timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations, including payroll control accounts and weekly payroll journals
- Updating and reconciling the fixed asset register, including review of capitalised fixed assets against approved capex requests / disposals, and the running the monthly depreciation
- Preparation and initial review of period end accounts including processing and journalling accruals & prepayments, cost analysis versus forecast to manage phasing's, initial commentary on accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, processing the TB and resolving misbalances and errors
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and reconciliation of control accounts.
This is a role that requires strong analytical skills and would be well suited to a candidate who possesses recent experience of management accounts prep. Candidates will ideally be fully AAT qualified and have excellent all-round IT aptitude, particularly using MS Office products. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and across the UK so excellent team-working and communication skills are a must.
This is a fast-growing business that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none. The company promotes a positive, modern approach to their working environment and offer excellent non-financial benefits.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9549 ASAP.