Senior Finance Business Partner - Taunton - Up to: £50,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been reengaged by a long-standing client, a large services business made up of multiple company entities. They seek to recruit a Senior Finance Business Partner to join their friendly and highly experienced accounting team; a broad role that blends commercial finance responsibilities and management reporting. This is a full time, 12 month FTC which is offered on a flexible office based (Taunton)/hybrid/ working arrangement (x1 day in office and x4 wfh).
Key responsibilities to include:
- Leading the overall Finance Business Partner strategy with the team and partnering with selected business functions ensuring consistency of delivery, attendance at monthly/quarterly product meetings
- Leading the overall finance strategic, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for all business functions with support from the FBP team, Financial Controller and Group Finance Director
- Lead and influence non-financial decision makers by highlighting financial considerations
- Production of detailed management accounts
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure an efficient statutory audit and compliance with relevant regulations
- Responsibility for the yearend process, annual audit & any outcoming management letter points with support from the FBP team, Financial Controller and Group Finance Director
- Balance sheet reporting and control
- Implement suitable controls and processes
- Actual vs budget variance analysis
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
Previous experience gained in a fast-paced services environment would be ideal, but not essential. Candidates should be either part/professionally qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and possess a wealth of relevant vocational experience. The company is technology focussed and largely paperless so excellent all-round IT aptitude will be essential. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and across the southwest so excellent team-working and communication skills a must. Most important is team fit and a general chemistry that each member of the SMT appear to share - an individual that can effectively develop relationships, recognise and fix problems, identify areas of improvement in the business, and a confident, effective communicator.
In return for your contribution to the organisation, this employer will offer a generous base salary, good benefits and the opportunity to genuinely develop a career with an impressive and fast paced business. For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9460 as soon as possible.