Financial Controller - Torquay- Circa: £70,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a long established and highly respected manufacturing business with an incredible product range and an impressive portfolio of national and international clients. The business has experienced sustained growth over recent years and now operates throughout Europe, North America and Asia with ambitious expansion plans for the future. The company seeks to appoint an experienced Financial Controller, a lead role where the successful candidate is anticipated to progress to board level capacity and lead the financial controls for the company’s European divisions. Based from the company’s UK headquarters in Torbay, the role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Working closely alongside a global CFO and supported by an experienced team of 4 colleagues, this will be a broad and interesting role that will interact across all areas of the business. It calls for a commercially driven and technology focussed individual with a passion to implement and develop effective, future proof financial controls. Core responsibilities to include:
- Day to day management of the current financial health of the business and future financial strategy
- Mentor and develop a small team of directly reporting colleagues
- Regular production of management information to be presented to senior management team with full commentary
- Reporting of statutory accounts
- Production of comprehensive cash flow forecasts and budgets
- Working with CFO on business strategy and financial support
- Developing and implementing digital systems and processes in preparation for future growth
- Take a lead responsibility in cashflow management and budget setting
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders, customers and key suppliers
- Project and materials costing analysis and planning
- Working with external accountants and lead annual audit processes
This role calls for an accomplished, commercially astute Financial Controller, or a Finance Manager/HoF looking to take a step up. The successful candidate will almost certainly be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), and possess recently gained experience of managing the end-to-end accounting function of a growing business (operating above audit threshold). Previously experience gained in a manufacturing or engineering environment would be highly desirable, as would prior experience of managing a and developing a small finance team. The successful candidate will ideally have multi-currency transactional experience and have prior experience of managing a small team. Whilst the role will initially focus on finance operations, an aptitude for strategic thinking and business growth would work well for this appointment.
For further details on this interesting opportunity, including a detailed role spec please get in touch with Steve Roach quoting reference SR9442 ASAP. Our client is highly motivated to appoint and no time will be wasted arranging interviews for well-suited applicants.