Assistant Accountant - Yeovil / Hybrid - £30-35,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a well-established and successful retail business that have tasked us with sourcing an experienced Assistant Accountant. The role is offered as a permanent, full time contract to be based at the company’s headquarters in Yeovil. There may be some potential for an element of hybrid working upon completion of an initial settling-in period.
The role works closely alongside an experienced Finance Director and will be well supported by a small team of transactional colleagues. This will be a broad hands-on role where the successful candidate will have a focus on the production of high quality management accounts. Core components of the role to include:
- Work closely with the Finance Director in the production of management accounts and cashflow position
- Compiling financial analysis, forecasts and reporting packs
- Work with senior management team across the business to set budgets and targets
- Year- end statutory accounting preparation
- VAT reporting
- Reconciling stock, prepayments, accruals and fixed assets
- Liaise with Chartered Accountants and external auditors
- Assist in financial projects and system improvements
For this role we seek a motivated and career driven Assistant Accountant with at least two years of recently gained experience in a similar capacity. Candidates may be part/fully AAT/professionally qualified or suitably qualified through vocational experience. The company is keen to implement digital system improvements so good IT aptitude and excellent MS Excel skills essential. This is a highly visible role that works with an energetic team and liaises with colleagues throughout the business so excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a well-supported and developing role with a company that can boast excellent staff retention and superb financial/non-financial benefits. For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9349 as soon as possible.