Finance Director - Plymouth - Circa: £85,000 + Company performance related bonus + future equity options
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively retained to source an experienced Finance Director to join a young and very rapidly expanding services business that now trade across multiple continents. This is a full time, permanent opportunity which will be based at the company’s UK headquarters in Plymouth.
This is a newly created role within the business and one where the successful candidate will complete autonomy in designing, and implementing a full range of financial systems, processes, and to recruit and develop a small finance team. In many respects the role blurs the lines of Finance Director and CFO, with an interesting and broad balance of operational and strategic responsibilities. The FD will work closely with the CEO and a highly experienced management team, and will assume lead responsibility for the company’s ongoing financial strategy. Key responsibilities to include:
- Day to day management of the current financial health of the business and future financial strategy
- Regular production of management information to be presented to senior management team with full commentary
- Full accounting for North American and European subsidiaries
- Reporting of statutory accounts
- Working with the CEO, senior management team and external stakeholders on business strategy and financial support
- Developing and implementing digital systems and processes in preparation for future growth
- Annual budget setting
- Assume a lead role in costing and forecasting for all entities of the business and future projects
- Take a lead responsibility in cashflow management and budget setting
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders, customers and key suppliers
- Project and materials costing analysis and planning
- Oversee payroll for a growing headcount of colleagues
- Working with external accountants to prepare for annual audit
What we’re looking for: Almost certainly a professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with experience gained in a number 1 or 2 capacity in a business operating above audit threshold. Commercial and strategic experience gained in a multi-layer company trading across an international landscape and working in multiple currencies. Somebody with exceptional leadership, supervisory and team development skills. An FD with high level technology skills and the ability to design, implement and develop ultra-efficient accounting systems and processes. Experience gained in the marine sector wouldn’t go unnoticed, but neither would exceptional commercial experience gained elsewhere.
The real key here is sourcing a candidate with a natural talent to make things happen, make things bigger and better, and without the need to have their hand held every step of the way. It’s an incredible opportunity for a genuinely ambitious and motivated individual, either operating at FD level right now, or feeling like they’re ready for a challenge at an altogether different level.
Curious? We hope so. For further details and to apply to this interesting proposition, please contact Steve Roach or Alex Callister quoting reference SR9285.