Interim Finance Manager - Redruth - Up to £50,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively assigned by a long standing client who seeks to recruit an interim Finance Manager for a most unique and highly successful listed services business based in Pool. The name will be synonymous within the Cornish community and is experiencing exponential growth. The role is offered on a full time, interim basis with the duration of the assignment likely to be between 3-6 months.
Reporting to a highly experienced CFO and working closely with the COO and the SMT, this is a pivotal assignment that will see the successful candidate managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the finance function. The role has a broad breath and the Finance Manager will lead a number of responsibilities in all aspects of finance and some facilities:
- Oversee transactional duties performed by a yet-to-be-recruited Accounts Assistant
- Variance analysis and internal management reporting
- Preparation of management accounts
- Cashflow projections
- Ensure statutory VAT reporting compliance
- Assist the CFO with technical accounting support
- Assist with year and quarter end statements
- Work with external auditors
- Review accuracy of (currently) outsourced payroll function
- Work closely with the company’s IT service providers
What we’re looking for: Candidate’s will ideally (though not essentially) be professionally qualified, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA ideally with 5-10 years of general finance exposure. Experience of working to IFRS and/or UK GAAP reporting standards would be advantageous but not essential. A strong aptitude for modern accounting and general IT platforms (Sage/MS Office etc.), would also be highly desirable. The post holder will work very closely with an experience senior management team, external auditors, banks and a variety of external shareholders so great communication skills a must. This is a role that blends the need for high commercial awareness along with some strategic duties where a real “let’s solve this” attitude will fit in with the existing team.
To learn more about this opportunity please apply to Steve Roach quoting reference SR9143 ASAP. This is an urgent assignment available for immediate commencement.