Management Accountant - Bodmin / Hybrid - £33,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have formed an exclusive recruitment partnership with a new client, an established and highly regarded community services focussed organisation, who seek to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant to join their small finance team. This is a new role within the business and one that would be perfectly suited to either an experienced Management Accountant/Finance BP, or an ambitious Assistant Accountant who wants to expand their range of responsibilities under the mentorship of a very experienced Head of Finance. This is a full time, permanent position that can be operated on either an on-site or hybrid arrangement (up to 2 days remote).
The role will work very closely alongside the Head of Finance with the key responsibility being to provide accurate management accounts, reports and deliver easy to digest commentary. The successful candidate will play a key part in the ongoing success of the finance function. Whilst it’s an analytical opportunity, it’s also one that works closely with colleagues throughout the business and has a highly commercial nature to it. Key responsibilities to include:
- Production of monthly and quarterly management accounts with accompanying commentary for the senior management team
- Provide senior management team with key financial intelligence to assist in ongoing projects, financial analysis, and budget/target reporting
- Commentating monthly financial reporting pack data to financial and non-financial department leaders
- Take a lead role in control account reconciliations, prepayments, accruals and recharges
- Provide assistance and support for quarterly reviews and annual budgets
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
- Assisting budgeting and business planning
- Assist in preparing for annual audit
- Assist the Head of Finance with ongoing and ad-hoc business projects and costings
This role calls for an experienced candidate, either operating in a business partnering or management accounting capacity, or as an Assistant Accountant looking to take a step up. Previous experience gained in a public services environment would be advantageous though not essential. Candidates may be part/fully professionally or AAT qualified, or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude (particularly MS Excel). This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and communication skills a must.
This is a growing organisation that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none. The company promotes a positive, modern approach to their working environment and offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to advance their career.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9091 ASAP.