Director of Finance - Ivybridge - £80,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively retained to source an experienced Director of a Finance for a young and very rapidly expanding services business that now trade across multiple continents. This is a full time, permanent opportunity to be predominantly based at our clients architecturally designed headquarters in Ivybridge.
This is a newly created role within the business and one where the successful candidate will be offered free-reign to design and build financial systems, processes, and to recruit and develop a small finance team. In many respects the role blurs the lines of Finance Director and CFO, with an interesting and broad balance of operational and strategic responsibilities. The Director of Finance will work closely with the CEO and a highly experienced management team, and will assume lead responsibility for the company’s ongoing financial strategy. Key responsibilities to include:
- Day to day management of the current financial health of the business and future financial strategy
- Regular production of management information to be presented to senior management team with full commentary
- Reporting of statutory accounts
- Working with CFO and external stakeholders on business strategy and financial support
- Developing and implementing digital systems and processes in preparation for future growth
- Annual budget setting
- Assume a lead role in costing and forecasting for all entities of the business and future projects
- Take a lead responsibility in cashflow management and budget setting
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders, customers and key suppliers
- Project and materials costing analysis and planning
- Oversee payroll for a growing headcount of colleagues
- Working with external accountants to prepare for annual audit
This opportunity calls for an experienced finance leader with a background in commercial services of manufacturing. The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), probably possessing upwards of 5 years PQE, and with the ability to lead and develop a future team of colleagues. It is likely that the successful candidate will have trained in practice and possess a good understanding of audit policies and statutory accounting. Experience of working with multi-currency income streams would be highly advantageous, but certainly not an essential requirement. Strong people management skills, the ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments and external stakeholders will be requisite. Most importantly, we’re searching for a super-dynamic, forward thinker with a problem-solving attitude: Somebody that wants to make things better, that wants to see things grow, and somebody that wants to develop a long-term career with a highly motivated and energetic senior management team.
Curious? We hope so. For further details and to apply to this interesting proposition, please contact Steve Roach or Alex Callister quoting reference SR9086.