Assistant Accountant - Nr. Okehampton - £24-28,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new and interesting client, a rapidly developing retail focussed business that is poised for continued expansion. The company seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant, a brand new role within the business. The position is offered of a full time, permanent basis and will be based at the company’s rural headquarters located close to Okehampton.
Reporting to a highly experienced Director of Finance and working as part of a small finance team, this will be a broad role ideally suited to a candidate who enjoys preparing management information. Key responsibilities to include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and offer ongoing commentary to Director of Finance on changes and developments
- Assume lead responsibility for accounts payable function
- Manage supplier payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT reporting
- Financial and project costing analysis
- Assist in year-end accounting preparation and procedures
- Collate payroll detail for outsourced provider
For this role we seek an experienced candidate who possesses at least 12 months of general finance experience, ideally gained in an SME environment. Candidates may be either part/fully AAT qualified or consider themselves to be QBE. Good all-round IT experience essential with some exposure to SAGE based systems highly desirable. The role works as part of a fun, energetic and friendly head office team where team-work forms an important element of each employees’ duties, so great inter-person skills a must!
For further details and to apply for this interesting opportunity, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9082 ASAP.