Assistant Accountant - Truro - Circa: £32,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a true Cornish success story; a well-established and consistently growing holding company that operates multiple group businesses operating in the retail and manufacturing sector throughout the southwest and beyond. Due to continued expansion, the company seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant into a role which is highly like to develop and evolve into a management position. This is a full time, permanent opportunity that will be based at the company’s headquarters in Truro (with free onsite parking).
Working closely with the Group Finance Director and as part of a growing finance team, the successful candidate will also liaise regularly with the board and senior management team. This will be a varied and interesting opportunity which would be perfectly suited to an ambitious Assistant Accountant wanting to progress to group level Finance Manager. Key responsibilities to include:
- Play a lead role in compiling management information for various group company’s
- Work closely with the Finance Director in all aspects of managing the day-to-day financial health of the group
- Assist in the implementation of a forthcoming bespoke digital accounting system
- Oversee the work of transactional focussed colleagues
- Assume a variety of transactional responsibilities to include bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, invoicing and daily/weekly/monthly transactions
- Maintenance of HP and loan agreements
- Support FD in preparation of annual audit
- Provide support to finance team during absences
For this role we seek a motivated and career driven Assistant Accountant with at least two years of recently gained experience in a similar capacity. Candidates may be part/fully AAT/professionally qualified or suitably qualified through vocational experience. The company is technology focussed, currently using Sage based systems but planning a major upgrade for 2023, so applicants should possess good IT aptitude and problem solving skills. This is a highly visible role that works with an energetic team and liaises with colleagues throughout the business so excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a well-supported and developing role with a company that can boast excellent staff retention and superb financial/non-financial benefits. For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8954 as soon as possible.