Finance Assistant (Accounts Payable) - Launceston / Hybrid - Circa: £24,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a specialist services business who seek to recruit a Finance Assistant to join their established finance team with a focus on administration of the the accounts payable function. This is a full time, permanent position which can be operated on a largely remote arrangement with just 1-2 days office based (following initial induction).
The role works as part of a small, friendly and highly experienced team of five and the successful candidate will play a lead role in administering the purchase ledger for the company. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the flow of invoices in and out of the accounts payable system
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Liaise with suppliers on pricing alterations
- Create and present month end management information relating to AP
- Ensure supplier invoices are settled within terms
- Assist with month end procedures
- Act as a key point of contact to suppliers
- Develop and implement ongoing improvements to ensure maximum efficiency of a high volume function
- Assist other members of the finance team as required
For this role we seek a candidate with a solid understanding of administering transactional processes gained in an accounts payable environment. Applicants may be qualified by vocational experience, part/fully AAT qualified and will require strong IT skills particularly using MS Excel and ideally an aptitude for learning new systems. The successful candidate will be a recognised colleague across many areas of the business and a key member of the finance team so strong communication and team working skills will be essential.
This employer offers well supported career development opportunities (including AAT mentorship), and a range of financial and non-financial benefits. For further details please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8948 as soon as possible.