Assistant Accountant - Launceston / Hybrid - £25-28,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by one of our long standing clients, a highly successful specialist services business. Due to a recent internal promotion the company seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant on a full time, permanent basis. The company offers a generous hybrid working scheme and the role will be split between its Launceston office with good opportunity for remote working - potentially up to 3-4 days per week home based following initial induction.
Working as part of an experienced finance team, this will be an interesting and rewarding role with good scope for future progression. The successful candidate will focus on the production of high quality management information as well as statutory reporting, in addition to undertaking the following core responsibilities:
- Support the Management Accounting in the monthly production of financial management information
- Preparation of month end journals
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Produce financial reports from leger accounts
- Work closely with senior management team to ensure statutory and group compliance
- Assist senior finance team with the preparation of year end statutory accounts and regulatory reports
- Assist in accounting projects, including system enhancements
- Assist in audit preparation
For this role we seek an experienced and motivated Assistant Accountant with some experience in the production of management accounts and associated financial reports. The role represents a great opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their career. Candidates may be either part/fully AAT or qualified through vocational experience and this employer will support ongoing AAT studies for those that require. The business is technology focussed so good all round IT aptitude including the use of MS Office products is essential. The role works with an energetic and experienced team that are dedicated to developing a highly successful business. The Assistant Accountant will be a key point of contact across all departments of the business so excellent communication skills required in addition to the ability to supervise and develop an enthusiastic colleague.
For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8947. The role is immediately vacant and our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.