Part time Accounts Assistant - Mevagissey - £23-26,000 Pro Rata
Trial Balance Consulting are pleased to have been exclusively engaged by a most unique and interesting employer based in the Mevagissey area, who seek to recruit a part time Accounts Assistant to assist their Company Accountant. The role is offered on a permanent, part time arrangement circa 24 hours per week with hours to be set to suit the successful candidate.
Our client operates a well-established and broad group of legal entities operating across a wide variety of industry sectors. This will make for a varied role with an initial focus on heading up the accounts payable/receivable function. Working closely with a highly experienced Company Accountant, the role will entail the following key responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the purchase ledger function ensuring the accurate inputting of supplier invoices
- Act as a first point of contact for supplier queries, build and develop strong supplier relationships
- Oversee a regular supplier payment schedule
- Assist in the smooth operation of the accounts receivable function including aged debtor management
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Assist with VAT reporting
- Assist Company Accountant with a variety of accounting projects
For this role we seek a motivated and enthusiastic Accounts Assistant with recently gained experience in a similar role and a wider understanding of the day to day accounting procedures. Our client will happily consider candidates either part/fully qualified AAT or those with sufficient vocational experience. The business is technology led and a good understanding/aptitude of SAGE and general MS Office products will be essential. The role works as part of a small and friendly team where good team-working and communication skills will be essential, both internally and external.
For further details of this interesting role, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8923. Our client is keen to appoint as soon as possible.
*Please note that due the rural nature of this employer’s headquarters, own transport will be essential*