Finance Reporting Manager - West Cornwall / Hybrid - £50-60,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a past client, a sizeable internationally trading manufacturing business that has experienced phenomenal growth in recent years. The company currently seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Reporting Manager, a key role that will work closely with the Chief Finance Officer. This is a full time, permanent position that can be operated on a largely remote basis with occasional site based working in West Cornwall. We welcome enquiries from prospective candidates located outside of Cornwall but applicants must be based within a reasonable commuting distance (i.e. the Southwest of England).
This is a new opportunity that comes about as a result of continued expansion and the need for high quality internal reporting and FP&A requirements. Our client hopes to source a candidate that can improve and develop financial modelling, scenario planning, capital raising and tax planning processes. Key responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with the CFO, CEO, COO and Finance Manager on technical finance projects
- Work closely with the operational finance team and take lead responsibility for monthly consolidations, internal reporting and financial reporting in liaison with auditors
- Lead the technical accounting process for the business
- Quarterly audit reporting
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports
- Act as primary point of contact to external auditors
- Take a lead responsibility in preparing statutory accounts
- Working with financial colleagues, prepare monthly consolidation and management accounts
- Prepare financial reporting pack with analysis for management team
- Develop and implement FP&A systems and processes
- Develop reporting models
- Liaise with the company’s tax advisors in preparing tax planning initiates and ensuring efficient tax reporting compliance
For this role we seek a professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with at least 3 years of PQE and excellent technical accounting and reporting skills. The successful candidate should have a strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP, ideally gained within a practice/external audit environment. The role will require the post holder to prepare high quality technical accounting and financial modelling skills which will require a high level of commercial judgement and exceptional IT/MS Excel skills. The role would be equally well suited to an experienced FP&A Manager as it would a practice accountant with a good understanding of external audit and statutory reporting requirements.
The company has enjoyed a period of healthy growth and this opportunity represents a great opportunity to join a business at an exciting time of expansion. In additional to a generous base salary, the successful candidate can expect extensive financial and non-financial benefits. For further information including a detailed role specification, please contact and apply to Steve Roach quoting reference SR8920.