Systems Accountant - St. Austell - £45-50,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a relatively young but very rapidly expanding specialist manufacturing business. The company has quickly developed a fantastic reputation that can be easily demonstrated by their formidable growth. There aren’t many businesses that can boast that in the South West and particularly in this climate. The business is professionally run by a senior management team that base everything they do on impeccable product quality and customer service.
They’re on the lookout for skilled Systems Accountant who can take a lead role in developing and supporting the health of the company’s accounting systems, a brand new role within the company. The position is offered as a full time, permanent contract that can be operated on a hybrid arrangement working between the company’s modern offices in St Austell and remotely.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working closely with a number of tier one business partners, this is an exciting and pivotal, position where the successful candidate will play a key position in developing and improving financial systems, sometimes from the ground up. The Systems Accountant will ensure that the system not only runs to perfection, but also train the finance team and other department heads in its efficient use. That will likely entail KPI reporting systems, error monitoring and the ongoing development of system improvements. You’ll be the onsite expert for all systems related support. Key responsibilities to include:
- Lead in the roll out and development of new and existing finance technology platforms
- Audit review of controls identifying potential risks
- Ensure robust financial data storage policies
- Ensure accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy and accounting standards
- Be at the forefront of developing new ideas to maximise and update the current finance system, implementing solutions as necessary.
- Train new and experienced staff in the use of a variety of systems
- Update systems to ensure reporting compliance
- Proactively engage with managed provider to close timetable, ensuring processes are completed within accordance to business controls
- Act as a first point of contact for troubleshooting support
Who’s right for the challenge? Probably, but not essentially a professionally qualified Systems Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), but most definitely somebody with previous experience in systems implementation and a thorough knowledge of the challenges faced by a medium-large sized services sector business where all financial systems are concerned. You’ll need strong knowledge in statutory frameworks and very strong IT skills. It’s going to be a challenging, but extremely rewarding position where the successful candidate will be an essential point of contact for all queries and support assistance.
The rewards here are big as you might expect with a high profile, fast growth business which understands that its future is entirely attributed to its people. For further details and to apply, contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8801. Our client has indicated a strong intention to appoint without unnecessary delays and seeks to interview potentially suited candidates quickly following submission.