Assistant Accountant - Falmouth - To: £30,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a recently launched FMCG business that is well supported by one of the counties most recognised brands. The business began trading last year and has gained immediate traction in its sector, with a growing portfolio of customers and a growing order book. With a highly experienced Finance Director at the helm, the business now seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant, a full time, permanent position to be based at the company’s new site in Falmouth.
Working as part of a small but growing finance team, the successful candidate will assume a broad role with key responsibility for managing the company’s ledger function. Core duties to include:
- Management of the accounts payable function to include setting up supplier accounts, processing supplier invoices, setting up payment runs, reconciliation of supplier/bank accounts and acting as a key contact for supplier queries
- Management of the accounts receivable function to include production of customer sales invoices, receipts and statements, monitoring aged debtor status and acting as a primary contact for customer enquiries
- Management of nominal ledger to including posting of nominal journals, accruals and prepayments, maintaining the fixed asset register and daily bank reconciliations
- Assisting the Finance Director with ad-hoc accounting projects
- Developing and streamlining system processes
For this role we seek a candidate with strong end-to-end accounting experience and a good understanding of maintaining an accounts payable/receivable function. Candidates may be either part/fully AAT or qualified experience but possess at least 12 months of recently gained experience in a similar role. The business is technology focussed so good all round IT aptitude including the use of MS Office products, and ideally Sage 50 experience would be highly desirable. The role works with an energetic and experienced team that are dedicated to developing a highly successful business. This represents an excellent opportunity for a new colleague to join the team at a point of accelerated growth.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8787 ASAP.