Financial Controller – Truro / Potentially Hybrid - £70-80,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a new client, one of the most exciting and fastest growing businesses in Cornwall. Specialising in a rapidly evolving and scientifically led engineering and exploration sector, the business is at the cutting edge of their marketplace; one of the most respected areas of R&D and future proof technology. The company seeks to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to join their team, a senior level appointment where the successful candidate will play a key part in maintaining the financial health and developing controls of a very fast expanding investor backed business. The role is offered on a permanent, full time contract with on site or hybrid working arrangements to suit the successful candidate.
This is a broad and interesting position where the successful candidate will play a lead role in steering a small (but growing) team with a focus on looking to the future, ensuring future growth and profitability. Working alongside a highly experienced CFO, the position calls for a candidate with strong technical accounting skills, commercial awareness and exceptional business management aptitude. The business is preparing to list and this transition will create an interesting and rewarding challenge, almost from day one. Core focus of the role:
- Manage a small team of direct reports to include an experienced Project Accountant and Assistant Accountant, and leading ongoing recruitment projects within the function
- Work closely with CFO in preparation for listing on the exchange
- Act as a decision maker on many aspects of financial strategy
- Work closely with senior management team to develop and implement a variety of cost saving initiatives
- Provide detailed financial statements including P&L reports, budgets, variance analysis, and cash flow reports with full commentary
- Formulate business strategies and ensure spending is maintained in line with budget
- Analysis of financial performance to create accurate forecasts
- Act as a key negotiator in major financial projects (including management of loans and grants)
- Act as key business partner to senior management team
- Implement and streamline risk management and internal financial controls
- Full management of working capital
- Lead system and process improvements and future-proofing developments within the finance function
This opportunity calls for an experienced Financial Controller with a background in manufacturing, civil engineering or excavation. The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), probably possessing upwards of 5 years PQE, and with the ability to lead and develop an energetic finance team. The successful candidate will likely have trained in practice and possess a good understanding of audit policies and statutory accounting. Experience of working within a listed company would be highly advantageous, but certainly not an essential requirement. Strong people management skills, the ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments and external stakeholders will be requisite. Most importantly, we’re searching for a super-dynamic, forward thinker with a problem-solving attitude: Somebody that wants to make things better, that wants to see things grow, and somebody that wants to develop a long-term career with a highly motivated and energetic senior management team.
Curious? We hope so. For further details and to apply to this interesting proposition, please contact Steve Roach or Alex Callister quoting reference SR8646.