Management Accountant – Exeter - £45-50,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have formed a recruitment partnership with a new client, a well-established civil engineering business with ambitious plans for continued growth. The business seeks to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to join them in a position of significant responsibility. This is a full time, permanent position, to be based at the business headquarters in Exeter.
This is broader role than the title would suggest, almost blurring the lines of Finance Manager. Rather than following a set roster of duties, the successful candidate will be invited to identify areas of improvement and will assume autonomy in implementing streamlining initiatives within the function. Reporting to the Finance Director and working as part of a small but experienced team, the successful candidate will take a lead responsibility in:
- Production of monthly and quarterly management accounts with accompanying commentary for the senior management team
- Cash flow forecasting
- Variance analysis
- Weekly KPI reporting to deadlines
- Provide senior finance team with key financial intelligence to assist in ongoing projects, financial analysis, and budget/target reporting
- Commentating monthly financial reporting pack data to financial and non-financial department leaders
- Provide assistance and support for quarterly reviews and annual budgets
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
This role calls for an experienced candidate, either operating in a business partnering or management accounting capacity, or as a senior Assistant Accountant looking to take a step up. Previous experience gained in a retail/factory/warehousing environment would be ideal, but not essential. Candidates may be part/fully professionally qualified (ideally CIMA/ACCA), or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and communication skills a must.
This is a fast growing business that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none. The company promotes a positive, modern approach to their working environment and offer excellent non-financial benefits and a flexible working arrangement of office or remotely based to suite the successful candidates.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8446 ASAP.