Company Bookkeeper - Totnes - £24-28,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a long-standing client, a highly successful retail and distribution business based in Totnes.
This is an interesting and broad-ranging opportunity where the successful candidate will manage full control over the accounting function of this growing business. The current accounting protocols have been efficiently structured but the incoming Bookkeeper will enjoy the autonomy of being able to streamline and improve the function as they see fit. It’s a well-respected and crucial role within the business. Key responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly management reporting
- Liaise with invoice finance providers (no credit control!)
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT preparation and submissions
- Administer multiple currency transactions
- Manage the outsourcing of payroll
- Generate P&L, balance sheet and other reports
- Production of management reports - P&L, balance sheet etc.
- Preparing and conducting supplier payments
- Petty cash management
- Working closely with the Managing Director and provide ongoing commentary on financial performance
Our client is refreshingly open minded where person spec is concerned and we welcome applications from AAT qualified candidates and those that consider themselves to be QBE. They seek to recruit a candidate with at-least 2-3 years of experience gained within an SME and a good understanding of full cycle accounting. The business uses Xero and a bespoke stocktaking platform where full training will be offered, but candidates should possess strong IT aptitude and a sound knowledge of MS Office products. As important as strong technical experience, a great culture fit is important in this role and excellent communication skills are a must. The post holder will converse regularly with colleagues, customers and external suppliers so a cheerful disposition will be a must!
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8427. The role is available for immediate commencement and candidates will be shortlisted upon submission - please don’t delay if the role is of interest.