Company Accountant - Ivybridge - Up to: £60,000
If working within a small, friendly, experienced and passionate team in beautiful architecturally designed offices sounds like your cup of tea, you’d to well to read on. Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a highly successful and very fast-growing construction business who seek to recruit an experienced Company Accountant to join the business in a newly created role. This is no ordinary construction business so if you’re reading this and conjuring up ideas of working from a dusty porta-cabin, you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.
This is a pivotal role within the business where, working closely with the business directors, the successful candidate will play a key part in developing the finance function from the ground up, commencing with the implementation of a new accounting system. It’s a broad and rewarding role which will call for exceptional commercial awareness and the ability to input where future strategy is concerned. Key responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with the senior management team to design and roll out a highly efficient function that adds genuine value to the business
- Implementation of COINS to replace the existing Xero accounts system
- Supervision and development of one Accounts Assistant (we’re currently recruiting for that position also)
- Project costing
- Production of detailed Management Accounts with commentary
- Liaise with external stakeholders and firm of Chartered Accountants
- VAT preparation and submissions
- Authorising supplier payment runs
- Managing intercompany transactions and invoices
- Fixed asset register
- Reconciliation of payments from subcontractors
- Accruals and prepayments
- P&L Forecasting
- Cashflow forecasting
- Strategic reporting
Our client is completely open minded where professional qualifications are concerned and welcomes applicants either part/fully ACA/ACCA/CIMA or those who consider themselves to be qualified by experience. Previous experienced gained in the construction/building sector would probably be advantageous, but by no means a prerequisite. Again, experience in system implementation and designing accounting architecture would be useful, though not essential. What it will require is an experienced candidate (at least 4-5 years in a similar position), with a broad range of skills and a sound understanding of end-to-end accounting. The role works within a highly energetic team that will recognise the value of a skilled accountant in the building, so strong communication skills and commercial awareness will be a must!
In addition to a generous base salary, the role offers a range of great benefits and the opportunity to join a highly successful business poised for continued expansion. For further details and to apply, please apply in confidence to Steve Roach quoting reference SR7822 ASAP.