Are you a qualified accountant currently working in practice? Would you like a role offering a better salary, excellent working conditions and fast track career opportunities? This could be just the role for you…
My client is one of the leading firms in the area. Working in one of their flagship locations, your duties in this role will include:
- Overseeing and controlling a portfolio of clients to ensure compliance for tax and accounting purposes.
- To be the first point of contact for clients.
- Supervising staff and managing workflow through the office.
- Responsible for developing junior staff.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparing tax computations and corporate and personal tax returns.
- Reviewing of VAT return preparation.
- Reviewing of Payroll preparation.
- Filing documents with HMRC and Companies House on client’s behalf.
- Dealing with correspondence for clients.
- Providing business set-up services for clients including incorporations and HMRC registrations.
- Providing value added business advice including ways to minimise tax liabilities and maximise profits.
- Identifying opportunities to offer clients additional services.
- Assisting the partners and directors with specialist assignments as they arise, including providing technical support as necessary.
- Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
This role would suit an excellent practice all-rounder with strong skills in all aspects of accounts and tax. ACA or ACCA qualifications would be very highly regarded, though my client is happy to consider and support outstanding part qualified applicants, or those who have chosen not to undergo the study route. Strong systems skills and the ability to lead and motivate a small team are also essential qualities that you should be able to demonstrate.
If this sounds like your type of role, please don’t hesitate to contact Rob Emsley quoting job reference RE8578.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.