Variety is the spice of life, and that certainly applies to this busy role in a rapidly growing accountancy practice. Working in modern offices, you will work with a diverse set of clients with a remit to include client payroll, bookkeeping, administration, and whatever else needs doing...
Your key duties will include:
• Processing and calculating client payrolls including basic pay, commission, holiday pay, pension contributions, starters and leavers, submission of RTI to HMRC etc.
• Ensuring statutory deductions are made correctly e.g. tax, NI, SMP, SSP, Student Loans.
• Submission of pension contributions to various pension providers including set up of Auto Enrolment pension schemes.
• Calculating CIS deductions to include submissions of CIS suffered and returns to HMRC.
• Dealing with year-end processes, issuing P60s to employees/clients, setting up of new tax year payroll processing files.
• Liaising with clients via telephone and email.
• To ensure all payroll deadlines are met.
• Manual and computerised bookkeeping.
• Carry out general administrative duties to assist the team.
This role would suit a candidate with a very strong background in payroll and bookkeeping, ideally with prior experience in a multiple client environment. AAT qualifications would be beneficial but are less important than the experience that you can bring to the role.
In exchange my client offers a professional and modern working environment, flexible working options, opportunities for personal and career development, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like the role for you, I want to hear from you. Please call Rob Emsley for further details or apply quoting job reference RE5788.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.