Accounts Assistant (Charity) - Truro / Hybrid - Circa: £28,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have formed an exclusive recruitment partnership with one of Cornwall’s best regarded charities; an organisation that makes a real difference. The charity seeks to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join them in a full time, permanent capacity. The role will be principally based in Truro but our client is very happy to offer a generous hybrid arrangement with up to three days per week operated remotely.
Working closely alongside a highly experience Financial Controller, liaising regularly with colleagues across all areas of the organisation and external stakeholders, this will be a broad and interesting opportunity which would be well suited to a candidate seeking to broaden their range of experience. Key responsibilities to include:
- Support the Financial Controller in maintaining the overall financial health of the organisation
- Play a lead role in managing the accounts payable/receivable function ensuring that all income and expenditure is correctly recorded and reconciled
- Assist in the preparation of detailed management accounts
- Control account and general bank reconciliations
- Play a lead role in managing staff expenses accounts
- Support the FC in the compilation and production of year-end statutory accounts
- Monitor and develop key controls and accounting processes
- Assist with monthly payroll processing
- Act a first line of contact for suppliers and external stakeholders
- Support senior finance team with ongoing financial projects
For this role we seek a candidate with a minimum of 12 months recently gained experience in a similar role and with great attention to detail. Applicants may be either part/fully AAT qualified or qualified through vocational experience, but should possess a good understanding of digital accounting platforms (this charity utilises Sage but welcome applicants with expertise gained with other systems). This is a visible role that will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, often working with colleagues outside of finance and as a part of a small accounting team. Most importantly, the successful candidate should share a passion for the charity’s objectives - the role works with a highly passionate team.
For further details and to apply for this interesting and rewarding opportunity, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9668 as soon as possible.