Part Time Finance Manager - Cullompton/ Hybrid - £40-45,000 FTE Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a long standing client, a highly successful and most unique manufacturing business that supply products to customers throughout the UK. The business is something of a start-up success story and has seen considerable year-on-year growth with continued expansion realistically forecast. The company now seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Manager, a permanent position offered on a flexible part time working contract (circa 25 hours per week but open to discussion). Ideally these hours would be split over 5 days but our client is happy to consider other options to suit the successful candidate. This employer is a happy for either a site based or hybrid arrangement (possibly stretching towards remote when the successful candidate is comfortable with systems in use).
Working closely with the Managing Director and SMT, this will be a pivotal role that would be well suited to a highly commercial accountant that will contribute to the continued growth of the company.
Core focus of the role to include:
- Day-to-day management of the finance function using Sage based systems
- Assume lead responsibility for the production of high quality management accounts with accompanying commentary
- Work closely with the external accountants in the preparation of year end statutory accounts, financial statements and annual audit
- VAT reporting
- Financial analysis
- Assisting with monthly payroll and pension processing
- Management of accounts payable and receivable function
- Take a lead role in control account reconciliations, prepayments, accruals and recharges
- Support quarterly reviews and annual budgets with directors
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
For this role we’re searching for an experienced Finance Manager, Management Accountant or perhaps an Assistant Accountant looking to step-up, with solid end-to-end accounting experience, ideally (though not essentially), gained within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Applicant’s will ideally be part/fully AAT qualified as a minimum, but those with demonstrable vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The business promotes a modern working environment making the most of current technology; this role would suit a candidate with strong IT aptitude and excellent skills in the use of Sage, MS Excel and bespoke digital accounting tools. For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9582. The role is immediately vacant and our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.