Company Accountant & Commercial Manager – Glastonbury - Up to: £35,000 Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively reengaged by a returning client, a very well established and highly successful engineering business based in Glastonbury. The company seeks to recruit a Company Accountant & Commercial Manager to pick up the reigns from the retiring incumbent (introduced by Trial Balance Consulting). This is a full time, permanent position that will be based from the business headquarters in Glastonbury.
This is an interesting and broad-ranging opportunity where the successful candidate will manage full control over the accounting and administration function of this growing business. The current accounting protocols have been efficiently structured but the incoming incumbent will enjoy the autonomy of being able to streamline and improve the function as they see fit. It’s a well-respected and crucial role within the business. Key responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly management reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT preparation and submissions
- Generate P&L, balance sheet and other reports
- Production of management reports - P&L, balance sheet etc.
- Preparing and conducting supplier payments
- Petty cash management
- Working closely with the Managing Director, and provide ongoing commentary on financial performance
- Regular liaison and handover with Chartered Accountants
- Liaise with external HR and IT Consultants
- Liaise with solicitors on any legal matters affecting the company
- Deputise for Office Manager where required
Our client is refreshingly open minded where person spec is concerned and we welcome applications from part/fully professionally or AAT qualified candidates and those that consider themselves to be QBE. They seek to recruit a candidate with at-least 2-3 years of experience gained within an SME and a good understanding of full cycle accounting. The business uses Sage accounting software and candidates should possess strong IT aptitude and a sound knowledge of MS Office products. As important as strong technical experience, a great culture fit is important in this role and excellent communication skills are a must. The post holder will converse regularly with colleagues, customers and external suppliers so a cheerful disposition will be a must!
For further details and to apply, please contact Jay Villarubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9576. The role is available for immediate commencement and candidates will be shortlisted upon submission - please don’t delay if the role is of interest.