Finance Business Partner - Truro / Southwest / Hybrid Remote – Up to: £50,000
* Please note that this role may be operated on either an onsite, hybrid or predominantly remote basis but will require a degree of travel to this employer’s headquarters in Mid/West Cornwall. Applicants must be based in either Cornwall, Devon or Somerset *
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively retained by a long standing client, one of the fastest growing and most successful retail focussed businesses in Cornwall and one with impeccable staff retention and development credentials. The company seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Business Partner to join their friendly and highly experienced accounting team; a broad and interesting role that blends commercial finance responsibilities and management reporting. This is a full time, permanent position which is offered with a highly flexible onsite/hybrid/remote working contract to suit the successful candidate.
Working as part of a large, modern and highly experienced accounting function, the post holder will assume a number of core focuses to include:
- Reporting to an impressively experienced Finance Director and FP&A Manager, and working within an established finance team, the FBP will assume a lead role in supporting the financial efficiency of one or more areas of the organisation
- Assist in the production of high quality management information, providing commentary on business performance and variances to budget
- Provide senior finance team with key financial intelligence to assist in ongoing projects, financial analysis, and budget reporting
- Commentating on monthly financial reporting pack data to financial and non-financial department leaders
- Provide assistance and support for quarterly reviews and annual budgets
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
This role calls for an experienced candidate, either operating in a finance management, business partnering or management accounting capacity, or perhaps as a senior Assistant Accountant looking to take a step up. Previous experience gained in a retail/factory/warehousing environment would be ideal, but not essential. Candidates may be part/fully professionally qualified (ideally ACA/CIMA/ACCA), or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and across the southwest so excellent team-working and communication skills a must.
This is a fast growing organisation that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none. The rewards here are big as you might expect with a high profile, fast growth business. Most of our placed candidates have enjoyed rapid and continued career development and the business rightly understand that its future is entirely attributed to its people.
For further details and to apply, contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9394 as soon as possible.