Finance Manager - Newquay / Hybrid - £35-40,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a longstanding client, a specialist services organisation with a superb reputation in the local area; not only for the quality of its service, but also for its excellent history of staff retention and quality employee development. The business currently seeks to recruit a Finance Manager, a full time, permanent position to be predominantly based on site at the company’s headquarters on the outskirts of Newquay (with free parking), but with a hybrid option to be discussed if required.
This will be a broad and varied role that will be well supported by the company’s board of directors/SMT and would be perfectly suited to an ambitious Finance Manager, Management Accountant or an experienced Assistant Accountant looking to increase their range of responsibilities. Core focus of the role to include:
- Day-to-day management of the finance function using Sage based systems
- Assume lead responsibility for the production of high quality management accounts with accompanying commentary
- Work closely with the external accountants in the preparation of year end statutory accounts, financial statements and annual audit
- VAT reporting
- Financial analysis
- Monthly payroll and pension processing (approx. 100 staff)
- Management of accounts payable and receivable function
- Take a lead role in control account reconciliations, prepayments, accruals and recharges
- Support quarterly reviews and annual budgets with directors
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
For this role we’re searching for an experienced Finance Manager, Management Accountant or perhaps an Assistant Accountant looking to step-up, with solid end-to-end accounting experience, ideally (though not essentially), gained within a fast paced services environment. Applicant’s will ideally be part professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or AAT as a minimum, but those with demonstrable vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The business promotes a modern working environment making the most of current technology; this role would suit a candidate with strong IT aptitude and excellent skills in the use of Sage, MS Excel and bespoke digital accounting tools. The successful candidate will be a key point of contact across all departments of the business so excellent communication skills required in addition to the ability to supervise and develop an enthusiastic team.
For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9139. The role is immediately vacant and our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.