Finance Manager – Honiton – £40-50,000 Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a highly successful and rapidly growing manufacturing business that seek to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join their team ASAP. The business is long established, highly regarded and financially secure, trading across multiple continents. This is a rare opportunity to join a friendly and forward thinking company in a position of key responsibility. The role is offered as a full time, permanent contract, to be based principally in Honiton but with some scope of flexible/hybrid working.
Working closely with the board of directors and senior management team, the successful candidate will, alongside the Finance Director and supported by a small team, play a lead role in managing the operational and strategic financial health of the business. The role works as part of a small and experienced team but has broad interactions with colleagues across all departments, as well as external stakeholders and customers. This is a highly varied role with a large breadth of responsibility to include:
- Taking a lead role in ensuring efficient financial operations across the business
- Assist in the preparation of detailed monthly management report and offer commentary on areas of interest
- Budgeting, forecasting and KPI reporting
- Materials and projects costings
- Assume a lead role in payroll management
- Cashflow management
- Supervision of the accounts payable, receivable and credit control functions (playing an active role in aged debtor management)
- Highlight area and ideas for improved financial performance
- Finance analysis and highlight areas to minimise potential risk
- Multi-currency transactional reporting
- Work closely alongside the directors on projects as well as day to day operations
- Assist with statutory account procedures and reporting to external authorities
- VAT reporting
- Reviewing export documentation
- Assist in training and developing members of the finance team
For this role we’re seeking an experienced candidate, ideally fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or with very strong vocational experience. This is not a role for a “back office” member of the team, it’s a role for a forward thinking, personable and dynamic individual who wants their opinion to be considered and ideas implemented. Suitable applicants should possess several years of recently gained high-level finance exposure and ideally have experience in managing a small team. The company has invested heavily in the use of technology and confidence in using cloud-based accounting platforms would be preferable.
This is an interesting and prosperous business and this opportunity represents a great time to join their friendly team. For further details and to apply, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9127 ASAP.