Sales Ledger & Credit Control Clerk - Truro - £25,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by one of our long standing clients, a specialist manufacturing business operating on a national scale. The business currently seeks to recruit an experienced Sales Ledger Clerk and Credit Controller to join their finance team on a permanent, full time contract to be based at their headquarters on the outskirts of Truro (with free onsite parking).
Working closely with a highly experienced Company Accountant and also liaising with colleagues across multiple areas of the business, this will be abroad and interesting opportunity that focusses on maintaining the health of the company’s high-value customer accounts. Key responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with Company Accountant, customer service and sales functions to maintain a low risk accounts receivable ledger
- Chase overdue accounts and update debtor notes
- Generate and share statements of account
- Post bank receipts and cheque payments to finance system
- Perform credit checks on new customer accounts
- Assume lead responsibility for accounts receivable function administration
- Month end accounts receivable reporting
- Monitor accounts receivable accounts
- Frequent debt book reviews and agree plan of action with Company Accountant
- All aspects of aged debtor administration to include direct communications with customers with unpaid invoices
- Ad-hoc assistance in other areas of finance i.e. Accounts Payable, Payroll and assistance with general accounting projects
We’re looking for a confident candidate with good experience of general ledgers and aged debtor management, either part/fully AAT or qualified by experience. The company uses a bespoke accounting platform where full training will be provided. Good experience using MS Office products essential, particularly Excel. The finance team are highly experienced and energetic and the role would be well suited to a candidate with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
For further details including a detailed role specification and to apply, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9103 ASAP.