2 x Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier - Truro - £23-27,000
As part of a longstanding recruitment partnership, Trial Balance Consulting are exclusively assisting a highly reputable, fast growing, and modern law firm who seek to recruit several members of staff to join their recently restructured finance team. As part of this recruitment exercise, the firm seeks to recruit two Accounts Assistant’s / Legal Cashier’s.
* Please note that whilst desirable, previous experience gained within a law firm or a knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules is not a prerequisite for candidates wishing to apply *
Reporting to and working closely with an extremely experienced and very friendly Director of Finance, these roles will form a significant function in the firm's accounting department; liaising regularly with partners and colleagues across the business, but also with clients, suppliers and other external stakeholders. This is a broad opportunity that would be perfectly suited to a Legal Cashier hoping to move to a larger firm, or an experienced Accounts Assistant who seeks experienced gained within a modern-thinking professional services environment. Key responsibilities to include:
- Administer multiple online banking transactions with accompanying documentation and record transaction using accounting software
- Process BACS, CHAPS and transfers in multiple currencies
- Daily reconciliations on multiple accounts including client accounts
- Record accounts payable and receivable transactions including taking card payments from customers
- Amending and creating standing orders
- General upkeep and performance improvements to the accounting systems and processes
- Management of general accounting functions; sales and purchase ledger, credit control, monthly management accounts, variance reports and bank reconciliations
- Statutory reporting to include VAT, corporate tax returns and payroll data
- Present summarised financial information to the senior management team
- Assist with annual audit preparation
What we’re looking for: There is no box ticking exercise with this employer. Personal qualities are equally measured against technical competencies. Yes, they will require an experienced Accounts Assistant, either part/fully AAT qualified or qualified by vocational experience, and ideally (though not essentially), with a professional services background. But most importantly, they seek to employ staff that want to see their careers develop on a one-way conveyer belt because with divisions across the world, there’ll probably never be a need to look elsewhere. So, if you’re a hardworking, tenacious and commercially astute individual, always seeking to challenge, repair and implement better ways of working, we want to hear from you.
It’s not just career development on offer here either. The company offers exceptional financial benefits including a generous profit share scheme (paid annually), impressive modern premises and the opportunity to work with a friendly and highly experienced team. For further details and to apply, please get in touch with Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS8545.