Interim Finance Analyst - Newton Abbot / Hybrid
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have formed an exclusive recruitment partnership with one of South Devon’s most respected employers, a high performing e-commerce focussed business. The business seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Analyst to join their team on a 7 month fixed term contract that can be operated on either an onsite or hybrid arrangement, to include flexible working hours for those that seek a career outside of the regular 9-5.
Reporting to the company’s CFO but working closely with all members of the senior management team, the successful candidate will perform a crucial role as part of an experienced finance function. Focussing on the provision of high quality data driven analysis, the FA will provide invaluable insight into the company’s financial position whilst identifying growth opportunities. Core focus of the role to include:
- Assume key responsibility for a range of budget and forecasting processes and reports
- Provide a detailed analysis of current and future financial performance
- Produce high quality cash-flow reports
- Working closely with senior management team, both inside and outside of the finance team, and external stake holders to deliver financial insights
- Assist in the provision of accounting information to aid quarterly and year end reviews
- Report on actual vs budget and margin variance and general profitability
- Monitor and communicate KPI variance
- Assist CFO with a range of ad-hoc accounting projects
Who we’re looking for: A technically and commercially astute individual, the successful candidate will be either a qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or have demonstrable vocational experience. A naturally people focussed professional, the Finance Analyst will lead by example, supporting the company’s history of supporting and developing staff from within. The successful candidate will undoubtedly possess a high level of analytical skills and will ideally be well versed in digital accounting systems, MS Excel, and have the aptitude to quickly pick up bespoke systems (with training).
The CFO and senior management team are openminded and appreciate that the recruitment market place is trickier than usual, so there is no box ticking exercise to complete here; they simply seek a committed, talented and broadminded accountant who is currently available for a contract.
For further details including a detailed company brief, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9737 ASAP. All enquiries treated in the strictest of confidence.