Interim Finance Manager (long term contract) - Nr. Newquay - To: £45,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively re-engaged by a long standing client, a high profile retail services business and a genuine Cornish success story. The business seeks to recruit an interim Finance Manager to join them as soon as possible on full time, interim basis. This is a long term contract with an anticipated duration of 12 months +. The role will be based from the company’s headquarters on the outskirts of Newquay.
This will be a broad, interesting and rewarding contract with a wider scope than most; not only will the successful candidate take a lead in managing the company’s operational financial controls, they will also assume key responsibility for developing a small team including an experienced Assistant Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Regularly liaison with the company directors and senior management team, acting as a key point of contact to long standing internal and external stakeholders
- Assume overall operational responsibility for the smooth running of the end-to-end finance function
- Supervision, mentoring and development of a small but experienced finance team
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts with commentary
- Cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Preparation of P&L and balance sheet reports
- Aged debtor management
- Oversee supplier payment runs
- Production of annual budgets
- Oversee weekly and monthly payroll processes
- VAT reporting
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors
For this contract we seek an experienced and technically and commercially astute Finance Manager. Whilst the successful candidate will ideally be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), candidates who hold a full AAT qualification and consider themselves to be qualified by experience are most welcome to apply. Previous retail experience would be highly advantageous, but not essential. The business promotes a modern working environment making the most of current technology; this role would suit a candidate with strong IT aptitude and excellent skills in the use of QuickBooks (or similar), MS Excel and bespoke digital accounting tools. Our client places more importance on person fit; this is a workplace that encourages a strong team environment where everyone works hard, but enjoys themselves whilst doing so. This will be a hands-on position that plays a vital role in the company’s success.
For further details and to apply, please contact Elle Benjamin as soon as possible quoting reference EB9693. Our client is keen to appoint without delay and hopes to host interviews upon receipt of suitable applications.