Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier - Truro outskirts - up to £30,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a highly reputable, fast growing, and modern law firm who seek to an Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier to join their finance team. The role is offered on a permanent, full time basis.
* Please note that whilst desirable, previous experience gained within a law firm or a knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules is not a prerequisite for candidates wishing to apply *
The successful candidate will assume a key role in the firms accounts department; liaising regularly with partners and colleagues across the business, but also with clients, suppliers and other external stakeholders. This is a broad opportunity that would be perfectly suited to a Legal Cashier hoping to move to a larger firm, or an experienced Accounts Assistant who seeks experienced gained within a modern-thinking professional services environment.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Administer multiple online banking transactions with accompanying documentation and record transaction using accounting software
- Process BACS, CHAPS and transfers in multiple currencies
- Daily reconciliations on multiple accounts including client accounts
- Aged debtor monitoring and management
- Record accounts payable and receivable transactions including taking card payments from customers
- Amending and creating standing orders
- General upkeep and performance improvements to the accounting systems and processes
- Management of general accounting functions; sales and purchase ledger, monthly management accounts, variance reports and bank reconciliations
- Statutory reporting to include VAT, corporate tax returns and payroll data
- Present summarised financial information to the senior management team
- Assist with annual audit preparation
What we’re looking for: There is no box ticking exercise with this employer. Personal qualities are equally measured against technical competencies. Yes, they will require an experienced Accounts Assistant, either part/fully AAT qualified or qualified by vocational experience, and ideally (though not essentially), with a professional services background. But most importantly, they seek to employ staff that want to see their careers develop. So, if you’re a hardworking, tenacious and commercially astute individual, always seeking to challenge, repair and implement better ways of working, we want to hear from you. For further details and to apply, please get in touch with Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9670.