Assistant Accountant – Indian Queens / Hybrid - Circa: £30,000 negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a true Cornish success story; a well-established and consistently expanding specialist manufacturing business serving major clients throughout the UK. Due to continued expansion, the company seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant, a brand new role which is highly like to develop and evolve as the business continues to expand. This is a full time, permanent opportunity that will be based at the company’s headquarters in Indian Queens, and offers hybrid working arrangement of 2x days operated remotely (if required).
Working closely with the Financial Controller and as part of a growing finance team, the successful candidate will also liaise regularly with the board and senior management team. This will be a varied and interesting opportunity which would be perfectly suited to an ambitious Assistant Accountant wanting to progress their career. Key responsibilities to include:
- Play a lead role in compiling management information with commentary
- Work closely with the Financial Controller (and Finance Director), in all aspects of managing the day-to-day financial health of the group
- Support the work of transactional focussed colleagues
- Assume a variety of transactional responsibilities to include bank reconciliations, fixed asset and balance sheet reconciliations, invoicing and daily/weekly/monthly transactions
- Support FC/FD in preparation of annual audit
- VAT reporting
- Provide support to finance team during absences
For this role we seek a motivated and career driven Assistant Accountant with at least two years of recently gained experience in a similar capacity. Candidates may be part/fully AAT/professionally qualified or suitably qualified through vocational experience. The company is technology focussed, currently using MS D365, so applicants should possess good IT aptitude and problem solving skills. This is a highly visible role that works with an energetic team and liaises with colleagues throughout the business so excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a well-supported and developing role with a company that can boast excellent staff retention and superb financial/non-financial benefits. For further details and to apply, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9647 as soon as possible.