Accounts Assistant - Plymouth - £22-25,000 + AAT study support - Full or Part Time
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a highly successful specialist medical technology business. The business has recently been acquired and has significant growth plans hence the creation of brand new opportunities in finance. They currently seek to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their small accounting team; a permanent, full or part time position based in their prestigious Plymouth based offices.
Reporting to a highly supportive Finance Director and working as part of a small but experienced team, this will be an interesting opportunity with a broad scope of responsibilities throughout the accounting and contracts administration function. Key elements of the role to include:
- Recording financial transactions using Xero
- Play a key role in maintaining the accounts payable function by processing invoicing and preparing supplier payment runs
- Processing employee expenses and mileage claims
- Liaising with suppliers and external stakeholders
- Play a lead role in contract administration
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Assist with monthly payroll processing
- Assist the Finance Director with a variety of ongoing accounting projects
For this role we seek an Accounts Assistant with at least 12 months of recently gained experience, either part/fully AAT qualified or qualified by experience. Our client is keen to mentor and develop the successful candidate and for applicants that seek to gain their AAT qualification, this employer will full support and finance ongoing studies. Good general IT experience and competent in the use of MS Excel and cloud-based accounting platforms would be highly desirable skills (ideally using Xero).
For further details including a comprehensive role specification, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9539 ASAP.