Company Accountant - Truro - Circa: £60,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a well-established and highly recognisable services business comprising several company entities and income streams. The business has tasked us with sourcing their Company Accountant, a finance-number-one role that works closely with the company directors and its experienced management team. The role is offered as a full time, permanent opportunity to be based at the company’s headquarters located on the outskirts of Truro in Threemilestone. Please note that our client may be willing to consider applicants that require a degree of flexibility in working patterns, please contact us for further details.
Working closely with the Managing Director and senior management team, whilst supervising and mentoring a small team of transactional focussed colleagues, the successful candidate will play a key role in managing the operational aspects of the company’s finance function. The business has a significant financial turnover and operates highly efficient financial controls and practices that the Company Accountant will play role in maintaining and developing. Key responsibilities to include:
- Take a lead role in the development of a number of directly and indirectly reporting colleagues
- Production of comprehensive monthly management reports with commentary
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable/receivable function
- Take a lead role in multiple bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead all aspects of statutory accounting assuming a key role in company tax and VAT reporting
- Assist in budget setting and cash flow analysis/forecasting
- Manage a monthly payroll run
- Assume lead responsibility for the efficient administration of the accounts payable/receivable function to include authorising supplier payment runs and aged debtor monitoring
- Assume a lead role in company stock and assets management
- Liaise with external stakeholders and firm of Chartered Accountants
Our client is completely open minded where professional qualifications are concerned and welcomes applicants either part/fully ACA/ACCA/CIMA or those who consider themselves to be qualified by experience. Previous experienced gained in an industrial services or manufacturing sector would probably be advantageous, but by no means a prerequisite. Again, experience in digital finance systems management and streamlining would be useful, though not essential. What it will require is an experienced candidate (at least 2-3 years in a similar position), with a broad range of skills and a sound understanding of end-to-end accounting and team management. The role works within a highly energetic team that will recognise the value of a skilled accountant in the building, so strong communication skills and commercial awareness will be a must!
In addition to a generous base salary, the role offers a range of great benefits and the opportunity to join a highly successful business poised for continued expansion. For further details and to apply, please apply in confidence to Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9535 ASAP.