Bookkeeper / Legal Cashier - Truro - £25-30,000
* Please note that previous experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules is not a prerequisite for applicants wishing to apply for this opportunity *
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long-established law firm based in Truro who currently seek to recruit a Legal Cashier to join their friendly team. This is an urgent requirement where our client hopes to have the recruitment process completed as quickly as possible. The role will be based from the firm’s offices in central Truro and is offered as a full time, permanent contract.
Working closely alongside the partners and liaising with both clients and suppliers, this is a pivotal role where the successful incumbent will manage the general accounting lifecycle of the firm. The role will be particularly well suited to a commercially minded, dynamic individual who enjoys process improvement, system implementation and quality financial reporting (both management and statutory). The role would be well suited to either an existing Legal Cashier or an experienced Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper who seeks to gain experience in a modern-thinking professional services environment. Key responsibilities to include:
- Administer multiple online banking transactions with accompanying documentation and record transaction using accounting software
- Process BACS, CHAPS and transfers in multiple currencies
- Daily reconciliations on multiple accounts including client accounts
- Record accounts payable and receivable transactions including taking card payments from customers
- Amending and creating standing orders
- General upkeep and performance improvements to the accounting systems and processes
- Management of general accounting functions; sales and purchase ledger, credit control, monthly management accounts, variance reports and bank reconciliations
- Statutory reporting to include VAT, corporate tax returns and payroll data
- Present summarised financial information to the senior management team
- Work with chartered accounts to report year end accounts
What we’re looking for: Ideally, though not essentially, an experienced Cashier with a good understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARS). However, our client is taking an open minded approach to this search and will also consider candidates that lack the professional services/legal experience but have a strong aptitude to learn new skills and financial reporting standards. Candidates may be either part/fully AAT/ILFM qualified or qualified through vocational experience. The firm is technology focussed and applicants should possess good general IT aptitude, particularly in the use of MS Excel and digital accounting platforms. The role works with a particularly friendly and collaborative team so excellent interpersonal skills will be a must!
For further details and to apply, please get in touch with Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9361.