Part Time Bookkeeper - Perranporth - Circa: £30,000 FTE negotiable depending on experience
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a new client, a well-established and highly successful hospitality business operating a small group of businesses located throughout west Cornwall. The company urgently seeks to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper on a permanent, part time arrangement. The business has a number of seasonal fluctuations and it is likely that the successful candidate will be offered 3 days per week during the high season, reducing to 2 over the winter. Our client is flexible as to how these working days are arranged but will require the post holder to be based on site in Perranporth (with free onsite parking).
This is a pivotal role within a small but highly successful organisation and works closely with the senior management team. The successful candidate will essentially assume key responsibility for the management of the organisation’s day-to-day financial health. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the organisations accounting lifecycle using a Sage based platform
- Support the senior management team and provide active commentary relating to financial strategy
- All aspects of account payable management including supplier payment runs
- Accounts receivable and raising invoices
- VAT reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist the senior management team in budget setting
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Monthly payroll processing and HMRC reporting
- Year-end accounts preparation in conjunction with external accountants
- Play a lead role on the financial committee
For this role we seek an experienced and responsible candidate, either qualified AAT or considering themselves to be qualified through vocational experience. An understanding of the hospitality sector would be advantageous but not essential. The role works within a busy but very friendly office so great communication and interpersonal skills are essential. This represents a great opportunity for the successful Bookkeeper to shape, streamline and develop the function and help contribute to the continued expansion of the business.
One more thing - we’re in a hurry! Please do not delay in applying; contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9345 for further details and to apply.