Company Accountant (4 day week) - Plymouth - £43-47,500 FTE + Great Benefits
If a great work/life balance and an interesting role working from a fantastic location appeal to you, you’d do very well to read on. This role works over a flexible 4 day working week and from one of the most beautiful locations in Plymouth!
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have formed an exclusive recruitment partnership with a very well established and award winning B2C services business who seek to recruit an experienced Company Accountant to join their head office team. The role is offered on permanent contract with a 4 day working week (flexible day off) with a gross salary of £35-38K. The role operates from a fantastic waterside location and staff members will benefit from free onsite parking.
This will be an interesting and broad opportunity where the successful candidate will enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities in a highly respected capacity. Working closely with a very experienced, friendly Managing Director and senior management team, the successful candidate will be supported by an experienced team of administrators, the role will focus on a number of key areas to include:
- Production of highly quality management accounts with accompanying commentary
- Act as a key point of contact for internal/external stakeholders, suppliers and major customers
- Statutory reporting and preparation of month/year end accounts for year-end auditors
- Assume a key role in board meetings and annual general meetings
- Assist with general human resources management to include monthly payroll processing
- Assist in budget setting and cash flow analysis/forecasting
- Ensure smooth operation and implement streamlining initiatives to digital accounting platforms (Sage based) and bespoke company CRM
- Assume lead responsibility for the efficient administration of the accounts payable/receivable function to include authorising supplier payment runs and aged debtor monitoring
- VAT reporting
- Overseeing bank reconciliations
- General company secretarial duties
The company’s management team are passionate and extremely personable and are keen to source a likeminded candidate; this is not a “back office” role, the Company Accountant will operate in a highly visible capacity and assume a key position as part of the management team. We are keen to discuss the opportunity with experienced applicants - either QBE, AAT or part/fully professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with a good understanding of the accounting lifecycle of a successful SME. The company is highly technology focussed and the successful candidate will require strong IT aptitude, particularly in the use of Sage and MS Excel, and with the ability to quickly pick up the company’s own CRM.
For further details of this interesting opportunity and for a detailed role specification, please apply to Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9335. Our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.