Assistant Accountant - Burnham-on-Sea - £35,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a highly reputable SME operating in the retail sector that seek to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team. This is a permanent, full time position based at the company’s headquarters in Burnham-on-Sea (with free onsite parking).
Reporting to both Financial Controller and Finance Director, this will be a broad an interesting role where the successful candidate will work as part of an experienced and energetic finance team and have a key focus on the production of management accounts and support statutory accounting. Core focus of the role to include:
- Production of high management accounts with full commentary
- Support the FC/FD in the production of year end statutory accounts and financial reporting
- Management of the accounts payable and receivable function
- Financial analysis
- Control of the aged debtor function
- VAT reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Act as a first point of contact for major supplier and customer queries
- Fixed asset maintenance
- Journal entries
- Assist with payroll processing (previous experience desirable, not essential)
- Ad hoc project accounting and assisting the director's
For this role we’re searching for an experienced Assistant Accountant or Bookkeeper looking to step-up, with solid end-to-end accounting experience gained within an SME environment. Applicant’s will ideally be AAT qualified as a minimum, but those with demonstrable vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The business promotes a modern working environment making the most of current technology; this role would suit a candidate with strong IT aptitude and excellent skills in the use of MS Excel and digital accounting platforms. The successful candidate will be a key point of contact across all departments of the business so excellent communication skills required in addition to the ability to supervise and develop an enthusiastic colleague.
For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9282. Our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.