Interim Finance Manager - Plymouth - £33-38,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a longstanding client, a not-for-profit community focussed organisation with a superb reputation for service provision. They seek to recruit an interim Finance Manager to cover a period of maternity leave - anticipated duration 9-12 months. The role is offered as a full time contract but our client is open to applicants requiring flexible or part time working equating to a minimum of 4 full days. The organisation also offers hybrid working patterns if required with remote working for up to 2 days per week.
Reporting to an experienced Director of Finance and supporting a small team of transactional focussed colleagues, this will be a broad and interesting opportunity that will require the successful candidate to take a lead role in managing the overall operational finances of the charity. Key responsibilities to include:
- Supervising a small team to ensure that accounting transactions are efficiently and compliantly recorded
- Take a lead role in compiling high quality management accounts and commentary for the Director of Finance and board
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of organisational budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Overseeing the accounts payable and receivable function, ensuring efficient supplier payments runs and client invoicing
- Work with non-financial managers to improve and develop a variety of business operations, systems and best-practice
- Work with the DoF in strategic planning, pricing and assisting with major projects
- VAT reporting for two entities
- Manage the internal payroll function working with outsourced provider to ensure efficient collaboration and employee payment runs
For this role we seek an experienced candidate who can effectively hit the ground running after a suitable handover. Applicants may be AAT qualified, part/fully professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or possess long term vocational experience in a similar role. Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the production of management accounts and a good understanding of payroll administration. Whilst previous not-for-profit experience, would be desirable, we welcome applicants from all industry sectors. Strong IT skills and the ability to pick up bespoke systems essential.
For further details of this contract including a detailed role specification, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9209 as soon as possible. Our client is keen to appoint for this position as soon as possible.