Accounts Assistant - Plymouth - £22-24,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been reengaged by a longstanding client, a highly successful and long established specialist services business who seek to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The role will initially be based at the company’s headquarters in north Plymouth though hybrid working patterns can be offered following initial 6-12 months of employment.
The business operates in the financial services sector and employs approximately 120 staff across the UK. This is a newly created role within the business designed to strengthen the growing financial function of the business. Working closely with an experienced Financial Controller, the key focus of responsibilities will include:
- Administration of the accounts payable function and setting up supplier payments
- Creating customer direct debts and allocating telephone payments
- Creating and monitoring third party commission payments
- Analysis and reporting of weekly cash balances
- Administration of employee expenses and credit card transactions
- Petty cash management
- Assist in multi account reconciliations
- Creation of monthly management reports
For this role we seek a candidate with at least 12 months experience in an accounting function (either commercial, not for profit, or practice based), ideally having commenced studies towards, or recently qualified with AAT. Applicants should be highly numerate with great attention to details, and be quick to learn and develop new skills. The business is technology driven so sound IT skills also essential with previous experience using MS Excel highly beneficial.
For further details of this rare and unique opportunity, please contact Elle Benjamin without delay quoting reference EB8270 ASAP.