Finance Manager (Temp - Perm) - Newquay - £35-40,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a highly successful and rapidly growing Cornish services business that seek to recruit a Finance Manager to join their team. The vacancy has come about as a result of sustained and organic growth and will initially commence on an interim basis with a view to quickly becoming permanent.
The successful candidate will act as a 2ic and play a key role in managing the end-to-end finance of a busy function. The role works as part of a small team but has broad interactions with colleagues across all departments, as well as external stakeholders and customers. This is a highly varied role with a large breadth of responsibility to include:
- Taking a lead role in ensuring efficient financial operations across the business
- Assist in the preparation of detailed monthly management report and offer commentary on areas of interest
- Highlight area and ideas for improved financial performance
- Finance analysis and highlight areas to minimise potential risk
- Work closely alongside the Finance Director on projects as well as day to day operations
- Assist with statutory account procedures
- VAT reporting
- Assist in training and developing members of the finance team
For this role we’re seeking an experienced candidate, either part/fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by vocational experience. This is not a role for a “back office” member of the team, it’s a role for a forward thinking, personable and dynamic individual who wants their opinion to be considered and ideas implemented. Suitable applicants should possess several years of recently gained high-level finance exposure and ideally have experience in managing a small team. The company has invested heavily in the use of technology and confidence in using cloud-based accounting platforms would be preferable.
This is an interesting and prosperous business and there has never been a better time to join their friendly team. For further details and to apply, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB7549 ASAP.