Financial Reporting Manager (IFRS) - Bristol - circa£55,000 negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively assigned by a rapidly growing and highly innovative specialist services business who seek to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager to join their small team in central Bristol. This is an interesting and progressive opportunity that would be very well suited to a Corporate Services Specialist exiting practice or an experienced Financial Accountant seeking to advance their career with a globally trading listed business.
This is a highly technical position but with strong opportunity for the successful candidate to develop the role to Financial Controller or Head of Finance capacity. The role supervises one transactional member of staff but further recruitment is anticipated and the post holder will oversee this change, as well as assisting with the implementation of a more streamlined accounting CRM globally. The role works closely with a highly experienced Bristol based Operations Director and reports into a North American based senior finance team hence an excellent grasp of IFRS reporting is required.
Key scope of the role and responsibilities:
- Produce high quality quarterly financial reports/accounts for onward submission to the US working to IFRS standards. This will include preparing budgets, analysing variances, and preparing regulatory files
- Working with auditors and preparing tax computations
- Financial Reports are generally prepared manually using advanced MS Excel spreadsheets, although the medium-term plan will be to automate procedures by implementing an appropriate finance platform globally
- Produce monthly management accounts and commentate on financial performance with UK & US based management teams
- Act as the key member of the UK finance team to colleagues and department heads through the business
- Take a lead in ensuring efficient day-to-day accounting controls through invoice management, banking, reconciliations, monitoring cashflow and payroll
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified accountant, ideally ACA or ACCA
- Ideally (though not essentially) with experience gained in a large accounting accountancy practice with corporate services experience
- A solid understanding of working to IFRS standards
- Excellent exposure to statutory accounting and financial reporting
- Excellent MS Excel skills including pivot tables, V-Lookup, data filter etc.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
The benefits on offer:
- A competitive base salary that will be reviewed regularly
- Potential share options
- Working with an established, experience and extremely friendly team
- The opportunity for a high degree of autonomy in developing the financial function including team recruitment, systems implementation and process change
- A superb opportunity for a practice leaver or Financial Accountant to develop a well-rounded career with a very rapidly expanding listed company
This is an urgent requirement and our client is keen to commence in discussing the role in more detail with suitable candidates. A full job specification will be made available to suitable applicants. For further details and to apply, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB7095.