Finance Business Partner - Exeter / Devon / Somerset / Remote - £50,000
* Please note that whilst this role can be performed on a predominantly remote basis, applicants should reside in the Southwest to facilitate occasional site visits *
Every now and again we take on a client assignment and think to ourselves “We are 100% going to fill this job because everything about it is right”. This is one of those occasions. Why? Because the recruiting business are as focussed on suitable culture fit and energy as they are technical experience. Because the business is growing quickly (doubled its revenue over the past 12 months), has ambitious plans, and is suitably backed financially. Because the role is entirely remote and always will be. But most importantly, because we know that prospective candidates will undoubtedly feel an instant passion and admiration for the nature of this organisation’s offering.
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a repeat client, a respected community service provider who seek to recruit a highly experienced, commercially astute, yet entirely down to earth Finance Business Partner to join them in a position of responsibility and at a pivotal moment in the company’s development. The successful candidate will work closely with a very experienced and friendly Financial Controller, and support a motivated and ambitious senior management team. This is a broad and interesting role that is highly likely to develop and grow with the business. Outline of initial responsibilities to include:
- Play a lead role in developing financial systems for the next phase of business growth
- Business partnering
- Detailed management reporting with full commentary
- Implementing and developing modern accounting systems to facilitate rapid growth
- Balance sheet reporting and control
- Implement suitable controls and processes
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts and liaise with external accountants
- Take a lead role in project accounting
- Financial analysis
- Act as a key point of contact for various internal and external stakeholders
So, who are we looking for? There aren’t many boxes to tick here but we are hoping to introduce a professionally qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), a person with exceptional commercial awareness (could be gained in a variety of sectors, ideally a PE backed environment), and strong IT acumen. Most important is team fit and a general chemistry that each member of the SMT appear to share - an individual that can effectively develop relationships, recognise and fix problems, identify areas of improvement in the business, and a confident, effective communicator. The role will be permanently remote but will require a degree of infrequent travel to sites located throughout the southwest (predominantly Devon & Somerset).
In return for your contribution to the organisation, this employer will offer a generous base salary, good benefits and the opportunity to genuinely develop a career with an impressive and fast paced business. For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS9390 as soon as possible.