Part Time Senior Finance Officer / Bookkeeper - Redruth / Hybrid - £30-33,000 Pro-Rata
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a well-established not-for-profit community services provider based in Redruth. The organisation has undertaken a recent restructure as a result of expansion and now seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Officer to join them in a newly created position. This is a permanent, part time role to be operated over a 22.5 hour working week with working patterns to be agreed and to suit the successful candidate. The position will be principally based in Redruth but our client will consider a degree of hybrid working as required.
This is a pivotal role within a small but highly successful organisation and works closely with the senior management team. The successful candidate will essentially assume key responsibility for the management of the organisation’s day-to-day financial health. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the organisation’s accounting lifecycle
- Support the senior management team and assume an active role on commentary relating to financial strategy
- All aspects of account payable management including supplier payment runs
- Accounts receivable and raising invoices
- VAT reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist the senior management team in budget setting
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Monthly payroll processing and HMRC reporting
- Year-end accounts preparation in conjunction with external accountants
- Play a lead role on the financial committee
For this role we seek an experienced and responsible candidate, either qualified AAT or considering themselves to be qualified through vocational experience. An understanding NFP, public sector or public sector accounting principles would be advantageous but not essential. This employer recognises that a commercially astute Finance Manager with exposure gained in the private sector will also have a lot to offer here. Either way you’ll be an accomplished Bookkeeper with superb organisational and interpersonal skills.
And one more thing. We’re in a hurry. Our client wants CVs on their desk without delay and with a view to interviewing as and when they review interesting candidates. Please do not delay in applying, contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS9201 for further details and to apply.