Part Time Assistant Accountant - Newton Abbot - Circa: £30,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively assigned by our repeat client, a long standing and highly recognisable hospitality focussed business. The business seeks to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them on a permanent basis at their headquarters on the outskirts of Newton Abbot. This is a part time role with hours and working patterns to be agreed circa 30 per week.
Working closely with the Finance Director and as part of a team of three, this will be pivotal role where the successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for managing many of the transactional functions of the department. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the accounts payable function, reconciling supplier invoices and managing supplier payment runs using Sage
- Production of P&L reports period budgeting plans
- Manage the sales ledger function and monitor aged debt status
- Credit control where required
- Inputting new sales items and adjust existing pricing models
- Journal entries
- Full cash management
- Supervision of payroll processing and reporting to HMRC, SMP, PSP etc.
- Liaise with employee on payroll queries
- Assisting FD with all aspects of year end reporting and external audit
- Occasional non-accounting office duties
For this role we seek an experienced Assistant Accountant either part/fully AAT or qualified through vocational experience. Applicants will ideally possess a minimum of two years recently gained exposure in a finance function and understand most aspects of the accounting lifecycle of an SME. Good all round IT experience (Sage desirable but not essential), including competence using MS Excel essential, as will be the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders of the business (including major clients). The role works within a friendly and energetic team so excellent team focussed skills also essential.
For further details of this interesting opportunity and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS9062 ASAP.