Finance Manager - St. Ives - £40-45,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by an interesting and well established Cornish services business that urgently seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Manager who will play a key role in managing the financial health of the business. The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis to be based in the St Ives area (with onsite parking).
Working closely alongside the tier one management team, Managing Director and an offsite Finance Director, this will be a broad and diverse role that will pull financial information from multiple business entities that operate in a variety of industry sectors. The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in manging all aspects of the company’s day-to-day financial operations. Key responsibilities to include:
- Supervise, develop and mentor a small team of transactional accounting colleagues
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for the management of multiple company accounts
- Production of management accounts and financial reports with accompanying commentary
- Oversee the AP/AR function for group entities
- Cash flow management
- Act as a point of contact for external partners and stake holders - clients, banks, Chartered Accountants etc.
- VAT reporting
- Assist with year-end audit preparations
- Annual budget preparation, reporting, forecasting and analysis
For this opportunity we seek an experienced Management Accountant or Finance Manager, ideally (though not essentially) AAT/professionally part/fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with an excellent knowledge of end-to-end accounting processes. Previous experience gained in a group company setting would be highly desirable, but candidates with strong commercial acumen gained in any industry sector are strongly encouraged to apply. You’ll need to possess excellent IT systems skills, particularly in MS Excel and Sage (or Xero), based digital platforms. You’ll be managing a small team of transactional colleagues so a history in team management would be ideal, as will a proven track record in managing other commercial aspects of a growing enterprise. The organisations is driven by a friendly and highly motivated team and the Finance Manager will be a recognised face across all department of the business so great inter personal and communication skills are a must!
This is an urgent, immediately vacant requirement and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8999.