Management Accountant - Plymouth - £35-45,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a highly successful, internationally trading FMCG manufacturing business with ambitious plans for continued growth. Due to a series of internal promotions, the business now seeks to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to join their established finance function. This is a full time, permanent position to be based at their headquarters in Plymouth.
Working as part of an experienced team of four, the role will report to the Financial Controller with the key responsibility being to provide accurate management & financial accounts, reports and deliver easy to digest commentary. The successful candidate will play a key part in the ongoing success of the finance function. Whilst it’s an analytical opportunity, it’s also one that works closely with colleagues throughout the business and has a highly commercial nature to it. Key responsibilities to include:
- Production of monthly and quarterly management accounts with accompanying commentary for the senior management team
- Provide senior finance team with key financial intelligence to assist in ongoing projects, financial analysis, and budget/target reporting
- Commentating monthly financial reporting pack data to financial and non-financial department leaders
- Provide assistance and support for quarterly reviews and annual budgets
- VAT reporting
- Assisting budgeting and business planning
- Assist in preparing for annual audit
This role calls for an experienced candidate, either operating in a business partnering or management accounting capacity, or as a senior Assistant Accountant looking to take a step up. Previous experience gained in a manufacturing/FMCG environment would be highly advantageous though not essential. Candidates may be part/fully professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude (particularly MS Excel). This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and communication skills a must.
This is a fast growing business that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8995 ASAP.